The Looneyspoons Collection: Easy Peasy Orzo Salad
Orzo pasta salad with green peas, cucumbers, tomatoes, mint and feta cheese
It’s easy, it’s peasy, it’s feta cheesy!
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat bottled Italian dressing
- 1 tbsp each balsamic vinegar and freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cups uncooked orzo (rice-shaped pasta)
- 1 cup quartered grape tomatoes
- 1 cup peeled, seeded and diced cucumber
- ½ cup diced orange or yellow bell pepper
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- ½ cup frozen green peas, thawed
- ½ cup crumbled light feta cheese (2 oz/57 g)
- ¼ cup chopped black olives (optional)
- 2 to 3 tbsp minced fresh mint leaves
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
To make dressing, whisk together all dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
Cook orzo according to package directions. Drain. Rinse with cold water and drain again. Mix together orzo and all remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Add dressing and toss to coat salad. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for several hours or overnight before serving.
Makes 6 servings
Per serving: 303 calories, 3.2 g total fat (1.5 g saturated fat), 12 g protein, 59 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 9 mg cholesterol, 295 mg sodium